Devuthani Ekadashi or Devotthan Ekadashi known as Prabodhini Ekadashi. The awakening of Lord Vishnu after the four months of sleeping is celebrated as Devotthan Ekadashi. Devuthani Ekadashi is considered very auspicious in the Hindu religion. All the auspicious work like marriages which are not arranged in the period of Chatushmas start again. There are twenty-four Ekadashi in the Hindu religion and devotes usually observe fast on these days. These Ekadashi are considered the gate of salvation. An ultimate way to get rid of all sins of the present life and past life. If you observe fast and worship the Lord Vishnu with great devotion and unceasing adulation you get immense blessings in return. Prabodhini or Devotthan Ekadashi is celebrated in the Shukla Paksha of Kartik Mas. It normally falls after the great Hindu festival Deepawali. All the marriages and promising works start after Prabodhini Ekadashi. Because the lord Vishnu is the epitome of auspiciousness. Prabodhini Ekadashi is also celebrated as the Marriage of Tulsi. The Lord of Vishnu is fond of Tulsi leaves and his worship is not considered complete without bestowing Tulsi leaves during the fast.
Why Devuthani Ekadashi is the most auspicious Ekadashis among all? It begins with a great story behind its celebration. The sage Narad is the great devotee of Lord Vishnu once asked about the importance of Devuthani Ekadashi or Prabodhini Ekadashi to his father the Creator Brahma Ji.
Brahma Ji says that the tremendous blessings of the Prabodhini Ekadashi are ever arduous for deities. Those devotees who observe the fast on Prabodhini Ekadashi get all the desires fulfilled due to the grace of God. The blessings of Devuthani Ekadashi are considered better than the grace and blessings of thousands of Ashwamedha Yagya or hundreds of Rajasuya Yagya. No other spiritual activity can stand the blessings of Prabodhini or Devuthani Ekadashi. Those who observe fast with spiritual elegance and religious contemplation on the day of Devuthani Ekadashi get the place in Baikunth after their demise. Baikunth is the place where the god of God Shree Hari himself dwells.
If you want success in every aspect of life irrespective of health, career, business, and family you must observe the fast on this Ekadashi. According to the ancient scriptures, fast on Prabodhini Ekadashi is equal to the charity of thousands of cows simultaneously. The grace of doing Devuthani Ekadashi is equal to visiting all pilgrimages. The human soul gets truly liberated from all sins and free from the vicious cycle of life and death. They gain supreme position after their demise in Vishnulok till eternity. Devotees not only do favour for themselves by observing the fast on Prabodhini Ekadashi but enable their previous ancestors to get free from their all sins. Those devotees who do not breakfast the same day and spend the night awakening in the adulation of the God Vishnu may become the man of impeccable virtue and unblemished. Devuthani or Prabodhini Ekadashi is the most virtuous one among all twenty-four Ekadashis. So those people who are the staunch devotees of the god never miss the chance to get liberated from all sins.
Having heard the story from the lord Brahma Ji, Narad Ji became overwhelmed and observe the fast and worship in the Kartik month of Prabodhini Ekadashi.
It is believed that there are no auspicious and inauspicious time for doing any kind of work, however, when it comes to matters like marriage, everyone is concerned about which day and Muhurta will be auspicious. After a period of 4 months, now once again, from November 23rd, Thursday. After Devothan Ekadashi, the wedding season and auspicious time will begin.
Devauthana Ekadashi is also called Devothsthan Ekadashi and 'Prabodhini Ekadashi'. Also, it is believed that the couple who does not marry on another date can take wedding vows, without any Muhurta on the day of Devuthani Ekadashi.
Ekadashi Date Start - November 23rd, Thursday at 13:34 hours
Ekadashi date ends - November 24th, Friday at 14:30 hours
Parana Timing for Fast breaking: November 24th, Friday at 06: 52 to 08:58.
Like other Ekadashi Vrat-Puja, Prabodhini Ekadashi is celebrated. Devotees have to wake up early in the morning and take bath to clean themselves. You wear clean clothes before indulging in worship.
1. You have to sanctify your whole place of worship with Ganga Jal.
2. It is advised not to have any spicy food from one day before Devuthani Ekadashi. It would be better if you take Satwik food one evening before Prabodhini Ekadashi.
3. Devotees install the idol of Lord Vishnu to worship. You take a resolution to observe the fast having great devotion of Lord Vishnu. if you make the shape of the lord Vishnu in your courtyard it is considered very auspicious on Prabodhini Ekadashi or Devuthani Ekadashi.
4. According to Hindu mythology, devotees make a picture of Lord Vishnu in a hollow (Okhli). You cover that hollow with nuggets surrounded by water, chestnuts, sugarcane, sweets, and fruits. It is an old ritual when Lord Vishnu is raised by saying “Arise Deva”.
5. Devotees chant mantras of Om Namo BhagwateVAsudevaya or Vishnu Sahastranama.
6. Taking grain on Ekadashi is strictly prohibited according to Ekadashi rituals. You can eat fruit if you feel a bit starved.
7. Listening and reciting the story of Praboddhini Ekadashi is considered very fruitful while observing fast. Devotees spend all night awakening in the religious contemplation of Shree Narayan. You can do Bhajan or Kirtan for the whole night.
8. Breaking the fast on Dwadashi in the morning time fulfill your every desire and bring peace and tranquillity.
The mind is represented by moon, its placement, condition and afflictions in the birth chart. ...
Many festivals are celebrated in India and Shardiya Navratri festival has a great historical background....
Sawan Shivratri 2022 - Holy month of Sawan is going on. This month, Shivaratri is considered special....
Tirupati Balaji Temple is one of the richest temples located in Andhra Pradesh....
Submit details and our representative will get back to you shortly.