Swami Vivekananda was born on 12 January 1863 in Calcutta whereas he died in the Belur Math on 4 July 1902. Vivekananda, who was a noted and influential spiritual teacher of Vedanta, is still remembered by everyone with great reverence. His real name was Narendranath Dutt. He represented Sanatan Dharma on behalf of India in the World Religion Conference held in the United States, Chicago in 1893, where he impressed everyone. It is said that in the General Assembly, Vivekananda had started his speech with "my American brothers and sisters".
January 12 is celebrated as National Youth Day
In the meantime, let us tell you that Vivekananda's Birthday is celebrated as National Youth Day. Swami Vivekananda was a person with whom the youth could identify with. Youth day is celebrated every year on January 12th in his memory. Also, this day is going to be celebrated in the next year, 2019.
These things about Swami Vivekananda will change your life
1) Swami Vivekananda said that as long as you are busy in your work, your job is easy. But as soon as you become lazy, this work becomes very difficult.
2) For those who are studying, Vivekananda says that for study, concentration and meditation is very important. This is because, by meditation alone, we can attain concentration by keeping control of the senses.
3) Swami Vivekananda says that learning should be a life-long process because the experience is the best teacher in the world.
4) This sentence of noted spiritual master Swami Vivekanand ji, which everybody knows today, "Get up, wake up and do not stop till you reach your goal." It means that we should strive till we get the destination or target.
5) Swami Vivekananda, who gave lectures at the Chicago religion conference, says that we are what we think, so be aware of your thoughts.
6) At the same time, this great gentleman has said that whatever we think, we can become. If we consider ourselves as weak, then we will become weak, and if we believe ourselves to be powerful, then we are really powerful.
7) Perform the work that you think about doing right away because later on, the belief goes away and the mind also changes.