Purnima falling in the Kartik Month is known as Kartik Purnima. On, this day Lord Shiva killed Tripurasura who was a devil for the welfare of his devotees. This Purnima is also often called Tripuri Purnima. If there is Kritika Nakshatra on Kartik Purnima, then this celestial event as per Gregorian calendar is Mahakritika.
If on Kartik Purnima there is Bharani Nakshatra then, whatever is desired and asked from god gets fulfilled. On this day Lord Vishnu reincarnated as Matsya avatar.
Kartik month as per Hindu Gregorian calendar is regarded as the most auspicious month. Kartik Purnima is also known with two other names 'Tripuri Purnima' or 'Tripurari Purnima' as on this day Lord Shiva killed a demon named Tripura, hence referenced as a symbolic to this victory. And when Kartik Purnima falls in Kritika Nakshatra, it becomes even more majestic and then acknowledged as Maha Kartik.
Kartik Purnima festival in India is celebrated with great enthusiasm and passion. During this time Hindus consider it very auspicious to take a bath in sacred rivers and praying their deity.
Kartik Purnima is celebrated as Diwali for Gods and Goddesses (Dev Diwali). As per Vedic Hindu stories, Hindu God's and goddesses arrived at earth in sacred rivers, and hence taking a dip in the rivers has significant benefits very sacred and all the followers doing so gets blessings from their deities.
Follower of Jainism celebrates this day as Jain Festival of Light and followers of Sikhism celebrate Kartik Purnima day as Guru Nanak Jayanti or as Guruprabh.
Kartik Purnima 2020 is on Monday, 30 November.
Purnima Tithi Starts: 29 November, 12:48 p.m.
Purnima Tithi Ends: 30 November, 2:59 p.m
1. On the Kartik Purnima day, wake up early in the morning and take a pledge and keep a Lent and should also take a bath in nearby River or a pond while reminiscing and praying God.
2. In the night of Kartik Purnima the person should keep a Lent, donating a bull on this day is auspicious, doing so gives propitious results and it also makes Lord Shiva happy.
3. On Kartik Purnima Lord Vishnu is also worshipped especially, Temples are also decorated and devotees worship Lord Vishnu using an ancient method of worship.
4. One can also complete the Kartik Snan on the day of Kartik Purnima and later doing Radha and Krishan puja followed with lamp donation brings harmony in forth fold and brings wealth and prosperity in the house.
5. Donating Cow, Elephant or horses on this day increases your assets and donating clothes to the needy brings happiness and harmony and keeps peace among the housemates.
6. If you donate a sheep on this day ends all the ill effects originated because of unfavourable planetary combinations.
7. Keeping Kartik Purnima fasting blesses the devotees with a child, women must keep this fast so it can bless them with a child.
8. On fasting day of Kartik Purnima, one should keep fast and should eat food one time. According to its ability, cow's milk, banana, dates, coconut and guava etc. should be donated, and this gives a lasting.
What is the effective way to do Kartik Purnima Vrat? Want to know? Consult India’s Professional Online Astrologers now!
In the ancient times, there was a demon name Tripur, he did meditation for 1 lakh god years in Pryagraj. His meditation was so powerful that all the root conscious, creatures and even the Devata's were terrified by the impact.
To get rid of Tripur demon the Devata's sent Apsaras and did all the efforts to stop him from completing his meditation, however, they were not successful in their efforts. Tripur demon was so dedicated in his meditation that at the end he was able to successfully impress Lord Brahma. Lord Brahma appeared in front of him and asked him to share his wish.
As a wish, he urged that he should not be defeated or killed by any human on earth as well as the Devatas. Having no other choice lord Brahma fulfilled his wish and as a result, he became extremely powerful and conclusively reached Kailash mountain which as per Indian scripture is known as the residence of Lord Shiva. There was a very mortifying battle among Lord Shiva and demon Tripur. Lord Shiva with the help of Lord Brahma for the welfare of his devotees.
Kartik Purnima is known to eradicate all sorts of sins and negative energy. And if on this day there is Moon and Jupiter in Kritika Nakshatra then this Purnima is called Maha Purnima. Fasting on the day makes Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu very happy and which brings a very conducive and pleasant phase. You should also keep fast on this day.
Every year Maha Shivaratri is celebrated with great devotion and enthusiasm to honour Lord Shiva. Also, this is one of the most auspicious festivals o...
The Chaturthi of the Shukla Paksha, which comes after the new moon, is called Ganesh Chaturthi...
Buddha Purnima is seen by connecting with Lord Shri Gautam Buddha...
Rasksha Bandhan festival is a celebration of love between sisters and brothers....
We are sharing the Top bowlers all Time records, with stats included from 2008-2019 IPL season....
Tulsi Vivah as per the Gregorian calendar (Hindu Vedic calendar), is one of those selective days which are considered highly auspicious and it has its...
If you see a dream about finding money then, it suggests that the dreamer is being introduced to his intrinsic values through dreams....
Marriage rituals and muhurat in India can vary a lot from each other majorly because of the region and the religion, personal and the community partia...