Durga Ashtami is the eighth day of Navratri which is celebrated in different parts of India. On this day goddess, Mahagauri is worshipped who is an idol of Goddess Durga who is the symbol of energy power and also and also a symbol of goodness over evilness. Now, will you talk about Durga Ashtami in detail and we'll know that when does it celebrate every year and why does it celebrate also you will know how to do which was customs and watch shopping of goddess for this festival.
Durga Ashtami is celebrated on the 8th day of Navratri which is started in the Indian month name Ashwin as Mahalaya. It comes in the Shukla Paksha and according to Gregorian Calendar, it is celebrated in the month of September October every year.
According to mythological stories it is being asserted that Goddess Kali it was a much from the forehead of Goddess Durga and she killed the king of devils, King Chanda and Munda Mahishasur. Since then every year Durga Ashtami is celebrated and Goddess Durga is worshipped for 9 days continuously.
It is also been said that on this day Goddess Durga killed a Tantrik name Bhaironath in the form of Vaishno Devi. This incident goes to the establishment of Vaishno Devi history and it is also said that the famous Bhairavnath Mandir is situated at that place where Goddess Durga cut down on the head of Bhairavnath.
Durga Ashtami which is also known as Mahashtami is celebrated in whole India but in a few places and locations, it is more famous like West Bengal.
1. Devotees of Goddess Durga keep fasting on this auspicious Durga Ashtami Day
2. On this day all the weapons which were used by Devi Durga to kill Mahishasur are worshipped with full rituals and recitation of mantras. This ritual is also known as Astro Pooja.
3. This day is also known as Veera Ashtami because on this day various specialist showcases their weapons and calibre of martial art.
4. During the worshipping, 8 idols of the Goddess Devi name known as ashtaNayika also work worshipped which includes Brahmani Indrani, Vaishnavi, Warhi, Narsingh, Kameshwari, Maheshwari and Charmanda.
5. Worshipping of Devi Durga is done by establishing got in which address of sandalwood, flowers, fruits, sweets, Supari, Cardamom and coins are distributed and the family members.
6. Deep Daan is done to the goddess and Vishesh Durga Saptshati Mantra is recited 10 times.
7. Apart from this Associates for goddess known as 64 yoginis are also worshipped.
8. On this day apart from goddess other gods and protectors are also worshipped in which there was also included.
9. On the day of Durga, Ashtami goddess is worshipped as Gauri Devi in which 9 younger daughters are worshipped their feet are washed with water and they are given halwa made up of Suji milk ghee and dry fruits. Also, Puri and he is also offered.
Small and big temples answer also recited. Durga Ashtami is ended with Sandhi Pooja and for the next day, Maha Navami gets started. It is known as that devotees keep fast on this day to make Goddess Durga happy and these people are always blessed with the blessings of Maa Durga.
Sunrise 6 October 2019 at 6:23 am
Sunset 6 October 2019 at 6:06 pm
Ashtami Starts - 6 October 2019 at 9:50 am
Ashtami Ends - 6 October 2019 at 10:54 am
Sandhi Pooja - 6 October at 10:30 am to 6 October at 11:18 am
Paush Purnima comes just before the Magh month, and all the deities are worshiped in a very special way....
Purnima falling in the Kartik Month is known as Kartik Purnima. On, this day Lord Shiva killed Tripurasura who was a devil for the welfare of his devo...
Every Purnima (full moon) has a distinctive significance. It is an important day of Hindu calendar. ...
yeshtha Purnima in 2020 will begin from 3 p.m. on 5th June 2020 and ends at 12:44 on 6th June 2020....
Arranged marriage and Love marriage have been part of Indian society for thousands of years....
In astrology, just like the importance of planets, Nakshatra, muhurat, panchang, tithi, day or war, the same way it is necessary to know Hora. ...
Natives of the Taurus zodiac are usually good-looking, having beautiful appearances. And through their physical appearances makes this zodiac looks at...
Vaar or a Day has an important place in the Indian Hindu Panchang or Calendar. ...